25 Sep 2017
13:30 - 14:30
Keynote – Innovate & Be Great or Stagnate & TerminateThe virtues of innovation for business success, have been recognized worldwide, and have never been more extolled than in this age of technological excellence. Some companies that were highly ranked at one time for their products and services, are talked about in the past tense because they did not do enough to innovate. To keep on innovating, and to keep pace with change, therefore, is vital for business continuity. The question here is, what are we as Internal Auditors doing to recognize this climate of change. There are bold, new opportunities out there for internal auditors to enhance and protect organizational value. What are we doing to go beyond the well-trodden, time-honored internal auditing concepts like Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Compliance, etc. Following is an outline of what will be covered in this presentation:
* Do Internal Auditors know enough about Innovation?
* Do they understand what is business innovation, and what distinguishes successful businesses from average ones?
* What are the proficiencies of an innovator
* What are the “Hard” and “Soft” Issues organizations have to deal with about innovation?
* In keeping with the Internal Audit mission, how can Internal Auditors Enhance & Protect Organizational Value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight in the area of business innovation?
* In short, how can Internal Auditors assist businesses to succeed through innovation.