25 Sep 2017
15:00 - 15:50
Don’t Go Topless on RisksMost well established Internal Audit Departments worldwide use one or the other risk assessment methodology to identify “Top Risks” facing their organizations, and provide assurance on how these risks are managed. However, the focus generally is on Top Risks of a traditional nature. There is one specific Top Risk which all organizations face, irrespective of the nature of their business or industry type, which is totally ignored. History shows that, many one-time successful organizations, which went out of business overnight, faced this particular Top Risk. It is now time that Internal Auditors stood-up and took notice of this Top Risk and gained the skill and knowledge to provide assurance on this risk to their organizations. Key highlights:
- Internationally, what are considered to be the Top Risks organizations face
- Challenges that Internal Auditors face in identifying Top Risks in the organizations
- What is this Top Risk that most Internal Auditors do not even take into consideration, and why?
- Why should Internal Auditors provide assurance on this Top Risk, and what Skills & Competencies are required?
- How to audit this Top Risk?